Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Details Competition - Head Games

Christmas Details 2014 - There are 24 details to find this year. The theme is hats and headgear. I do not think the details are difficult to identify, so there will be no despair this year. Consequently, it is likely that there will be a large number of entrants with the all the correct answers. Arguably, that is in the spirit of Christmas. I won't be posting up the competition images while the paper is still on sale.

I noticed that the competition is online, so readers can go here to see the competition images:

 http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/christmas/entertainment/christmas-details-competition-who-is-beneath-the-hats-in-these-wellknown-paintings-9936255.html




The only other comment I have is that there are two paintings included which are by the same painter.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes, they all looked very familiar, and about 16 could be named straight off by me and daughter. Then we found some stumping us, and we are still doing happy research.
Thank you for the hint that one painter is represented twice. I thought so, but as this was not previously the case, I stopped looking at the work of this particular painter!

Galina V said...

I managed to get he paper, most of them look familiar, but I must be losing my knack as I got only a half so far. Those that I thought I knew, actually are not, like my guesses of Queen Charlotte or Giorgione's old woman were wrong. I am not asking for help, just stating. As I am not at home, and don't have access to my books and files, it is tricky to search, but hopefully I will get there by 6 December. Good luck! It is not so much the prosecco but getting all the answers that matters. :)

Jenny said...

Four days onwards and still defeated. 18 out of 24 is just not good enough. And most of those that are unidentified look tantalisingly familiar.

Clecky said...

24 out of 26. Stumped by two which I feel are incredibly familiar.....

Clecky said...

Happy New Year!
Solved them but have to say that the colour reproduction for detail 21 is dreadful and utterly misleading!
C

Galina Varese said...

21 is the one I'm still stuck with, tried all combination of picnic/harvest/haymaking, I need a break, lol

Tom Jolliffe said...

So it's all over again for another year. I am pleased to note that the correspondents to this blog found all the answers in the end. What a contrast to last year when I believe there were only about four people who found all the correct answers. So I think there is going to be a record number of all-correct entries and very much a "lucky dip" to decide the winners.

The weekly competitions stretch out ahead of us...good luck everyone!